Everyday work and life become a little uninspiring? Do you feel that you’re losing your passion? It’s still in there, you may just need to wake up your spirit, and these quotes are sure to stir the pot—20 provocative sentiments and powerful pieces of advice. Share your own favorites with us in the comments!
1. “Hell, there are no rules here—we’re trying to accomplish something.” —Thomas A. Edison
2. “Business is the art of extracting money from another man’s pocket without resorting to violence.” —Max Amsterdam
3. “Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” —Karl Marx
4. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” —Bob Hope
5. “Money often costs too much.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Credit is a system whereby a person who cannot pay gets another person who cannot pay, to guarantee that he can pay.” —Charles Dickens
7. “Creditors have better memories than debtors.” —Benjamin Franklin
8. “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” —Benjamin Franklin
9. “Work is good provided you do not forget to live.” —Bantu proverb
10. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” —Anthony Volodkin
11. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” —Jeffrey Zeldman
12. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” —Ingvar Kamprad
13. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” —Mark Cuban
14. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room, and ask them to rate your idea.” —Mark Pincus
15. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” —Rob Kalin
16. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life—and your own skin—every day of the week.” —Spencer Fry
17. “Data beats emotions.” —Sean Rad
18. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” —Reid Hoffman
19. “Always deliver more than expected.” —Larry Page
20. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” —Bill Gates
We hope that you enjoyed this article and that you will continue to join us as we help you grow your business! Our blog is 100% free and you don’t have to be a Talkroute customer to benefit from our materials. However, if you would like to try Talkroute's Virtual Phone System for free, you can sign up for a trial here. See you in a few days!
Greetings from the Talkroute Content Team!
Want to get in touch? Email Us