It’s always good if you can find an occasion to send out a note to your customers, to show them that you haven’t forgotten about them, and that they aren’t just a number to you. Sending out a personalized note on Valentine’s Day might be one of the best times when you can do it because they’re probably not expecting it, and it will come as a pleasant surprise.
It’s not difficult at all to send out a quick message, even if it’s just to say hello and greet the customer, showing them that you care enough to take the time. Sometimes, however, it can be tough to think of something to say, which is why we’re giving you a bunch of pre-written notes here that you can use for your Valentine’s Day message.
Standard Valentine’s Day Greeting
Want to send out a message to customers but don’t want to get too personal? Try one of these straightforward greetings to say hello with a universal note that will work for pretty much anyone. These notes are perfect for any business to use, and all you have to do is insert your company’s name and the name of the customer.
1. “Happy Valentine’s Day, [customer name]! We just wanted to send you a quick message from all of us at [your business]. Everyone is busy these days, but we hope that you take some time today to spend it with the people you care about (even if it’s your Mom). Love is in the air today, so take advantage of it and enjoy the holiday!”
2. “[your business] sends you the very best wishes on this special holiday. As our greatly valued customer, please accept our warm regards, and don’t forget to appreciate the ones you love today. We appreciate you, too! As always, let us know if there is anything we can do for you, and we’ll be happy to help. Happy Valentine’s Day, [customer name]!”
Thank You Valentines
Thank You messages are one of the most under-appreciated tools that a business can use to secure its relationship with customer, with very little time and effort. By the way, if you want to see some Thank You note samples that you can use for any occasion, check out this article, as well:
In that same spirit, we’ve prepared a couple of Thank You note samples below, designed specifically for Valentine’s Day, which you can take and use for your customers.
3. “It’s Valentine’s Day. There’s no better time to reach out to the ones we care about, and we care about you! Thank you so much for your business. Everyone counts. We wouldn’t have a business without you, so all of us at [your business] are sending you a heartfelt Thank You on this special day. Have a wonderful time with your loved ones today, [customer name], and enjoy the day!”
4. “Happy Valentine’s Day, [customer name]! Your business means a lot to us, and all of us at [your business] would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our [business type; service; product]. How’s the holiday going for you? We just wanted to send you a quick message to say that we hope you’re having a lovely day with those you love. Enjoy this special time, and please visit us soon! Thanks again!”
5. “Happy Valentine’s, and thank you for choosing us, [customer name]! Even though we are not part of your family, we want you to know that you are part of our family at [your business], and we are grateful for your business. Hopefully, this note finds you well on this special day. Enjoy your time with your loved ones, and we’ll see you soon!”
Sending any message to your customers this Valentine’s Day is going to make an impression, but sometimes you want to make it a little more interesting and joke around a little, to really stand out.
Of course, you can probably write a note that is funnier than what you see below, but if you’re struggling to figure out how to word your note, here are a couple of samples that you can take and use.
6. “Here at [your business], we know that Valentine’s Day is a special time filled with chocolates, flowers, and most likely some Netflix somewhere in there. Settle into a nice Rom-Com with a loved one and finish off those chocolates together. When you look at your calorie count for the day, be sure to round-down. You deserve it. Have a great Valentine’s Day, [customer name]! Come visit us soon!”
7. “Valentine’s Day is a day for couples to express their love for one another and grow closer together. For all the single people out there, it’s a day to practice a hobby, or maybe binge-watch 2 seasons of Parks & Rec. Whichever category you fall into, we hope you enjoy the holiday! Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at [your business]!”
8. “At [your business], we understand that Valentine’s Day is a special day. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how you’re going to spend the holiday, but remember that if all else fails, a trip to Walmart with your significant other can be a lot more fun than it sounds. Don’t skip the flowers and chocolates, though. Happy Valentine’s Day, [customer name]!”
You may not have been thinking about sending a Valentine to your customers at all before you read this, but hopefully this has changed your mind because, as simple and inconsequential as they may seem, these little messages can really be impactful for a customer.
Anything that shows them that your business remembers them and cares enough to make even a small effort to reach out unexpectedly gains you major points with the customer. This truly takes very little time and energy to execute, and if it weren’t easy enough already, now you have the notes already written for you, if you decide to use any of these samples.
Good marketing is a combination of creativity and attention to what your customers really want. Sending them a personalized note without any pressure to buy is a significant step in the right direction.